nanog mailing list archives

Re: Todd Underwood was a little late

From: Michael Dillon <wavetossed () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:17:33 +0100

P.S. At this point, the IPv6 transition has failed, unlike the Y2K
transition, and
some level of crisis is unavoidable. In desperate times, people take desparate
measures, and "adopting" IP address ranges that are not used by others in
your locality seems a reasonable thing to do when economic survival is at
stake.

P.P.S. I saw a report that someone, somewhere, had analysed some data
which indicates that IP address allocation rates are increasing and there is
a real possibility that we will runout by the end of this year, 2010.
Does anyone
know where I can find the actual analysis that led to this report?

This is where the claim of runout in December 2010 comes from.
<http://news.techworld.com/networking/3227420/last-ipv4-addresses-could-run-out-by-december/>

--Michael Dillon