nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why is your company treating IPv6 turn ups as a sales matter?

From: Pierfrancesco Caci <p.caci () seabone net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:34:27 +0100

:-> "William" == William Herrin <bill () herrin us> writes:

    > Hiya folks,
    > Why are your respective companies treating IPv6 turn ups as a sales
    > matter instead of a standard technical change request like IP
    > addresses or BGP? Sprint and Qwest, I know you're guilty. How many of
    > the rest of you are making IPv6 installation harder for your customers
    > than it needs to be?

For us, SLAs are not guaranteed for IPv6 yet, hence we want customers to
acknowledge that. This is bound to change sometime in the near future
of course.

Pf

--

 Pierfrancesco Caci | Network & System Administrator - INOC-DBA: 6762*PFC
 p.caci () seabone net | Telecom Italia Sparkle - http://etabeta.noc.seabone.net/