nanog mailing list archives

Re: wikileaks unreachable

From: Andrew Kirch <trelane () trelane net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:18:18 -0500

On 11/28/2010 6:11 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
I find it distressing when Network Operators are willing to encourage DDoS'ing of a site.  Any site.  Especially on
an operational list, where politics are specifically prohibited.

You don't like Wikileaks, that's between you & Julian.  A DDoS affects the infrastructure of multiple networks,
users, other websites, etc., etc.  Most people who read the last sentence thought to themselves that is beyond
obvious.  It is a shame you do not understand it.

Put another way, perhaps you should take your own 230gr.
Lets be clear here, I'm not encouraging DDoS, I'm enjoying the
possibility that someone will hopefully put a jacketed hollowpoint in
Assange.

Andrew