nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv4 sunset date revised : 2009-02-05

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 03:48:04 +0000

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:40:29AM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010, bmanning () vacation karoshi com wrote:

The IPv4 space here was retired in 2009.  We love the IVI
translator code.  Whats keeping the rest of you?

Just hazarding a guess:

router# conf t
router(config)# ipv6 ivi enable
router(config)# ^Z

        not so much - it runs on linux instead of a closed OS.

        #ifconfig eth0  <v4 from upstream>
        #ifconfig eth0  <v6 fm RIR>
        #ifconfig eth1  <ULA>

        #ivi eth0 eth1 &

        gets me native IPv6 to IPv6 speakers and translates back into
        the Internet for those stuck in the smallisher Internet.

--bill

Adrian