nanog mailing list archives

RE: tagged vs. untagged VLAN

From: Brandon Kim <brandon.kim () brandontek com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:51:10 -0400

I'd think that going with two tagged VLAN's is the better route. You will then be forcing the customer
to adhere to the VLAN's that you have specified and reserved for them.

It's also a security advantage because if you go with untagged, who knows if someone might be able
to vlan hop/double tag their way into someone elses network....