nanog mailing list archives

Requesting assistance from Telia netop (Fwd: Prefix Preference at Level3)

From: Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon () blacklotus net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:29:44 +0430

We're trying to help a downstream customer with an issue and require
assistance from a clued Telia netop. The customer is running a GRE
tunnel from Los Angeles to Brazil for international transit and needs
to avoid carrying local traffic over the tunnel. He is requesting a
pref of > 150 for Level3 prefixes. We sent a request to
carrier-csc () teliasonera com and here is the response we received:

We do not manipulate the prefixes that comes to us from peers. Customer may configure this on their side, but peers
are always set to 150.
Please do not hesitate to contact us is you have any questions, we will close our ticket in 4 hours.

Hoping to get ahold of someone at Telia with a much higher degree of
awesome than this.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon () blacklotus net | http://www.blacklotus.net