nanog mailing list archives

RE: Home computer rooms

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () corp nac net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:49:48 -0400

I am in the process of building a house. I designed a room that can accommodate three 24 x 36 inch cabinets or four
post racks. I will likely install a APC 2200 watt UPS in the bottom of two of the racks, and the third will be a
cross-connect field, patch panels, etc.

The room will have a small, ductless ac unit, maybe a ton or a little more, which should be good for about 3 to 5 kw of
load.

The house is backed up by a 48 kw genset with an auto transfer switch.

The weakness will be only one provider of connectivity.