nanog mailing list archives

Re: Home computer rooms

From: Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:47:29 -0500

On 08/12/2011 09:02 PM, J wrote:
Charles N Wyble wrote:
All,

Old IBM 32U cabinet in the unfinished basement, half a dozen older IBM
x-series and NAS, Cisco 2950/3550, old terminal server, UPS (have to
upgrade), bix patch panel, etc.
Nice.

I currently lack a patch panel. I think I have one somewhere. Maybe.

Simple and cheap stuff I've managed to cobble together over the years.  A
lot mirroring the configuration (not the hardware) at work.

Yeah I've built up my collection over a few years.
Eventual projects include building the room around it

Hah

 and tying the phone
into it all.

How so? PBX?
It's all for fun, really.

Yes. Exactly. I've got a small production network, and a huge lab
network to mess around with.