nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper <-> Cisco IPv6 BGP peering

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:35:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Randy Carpenter wrote:

Tried that. I agree with others that it is an NDP issue. NDP for the GUA is fine, but just not for the link local. Is there something that would block only link local by default?

Do you have any possibly-overly-strict firewall filters applied to the interface on the Juniper box?

I should add that I have another uplink to a different provider that works perfectly. The other end is Juniper for that one.

I have IPv6 BGP sessions, using v6 addresses, up and traffic moving, using Juniper M-series on my end, and various gear on the remote end, including some Cisco devices. Haven't run into any funky NDP-ish issues in the 3 years it's been running.

have you opened a case with JTAC?

jms