nanog mailing list archives

Re: Post-Exhaustion-phase "punishment" for early adopters

From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav () humancapitaldev com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 14:39:32 -0600

On Feb 4, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

No, and in fact, I believe all the RIRs will probably do a reasonably brisk business in reclamation and reallocation,
albeit in ever smaller blocks.

As holder of a small block, this scares and irritates me. It scares me that I might lose my autonomy and future
expansion through no fault of my own, and it irritates me that the reason I may be forced to give up my address space
will probably be to satisfy the internet's desperate need for more spam cannons.