nanog mailing list archives

ARIN resource certification service update

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:17:51 +0000

On Jan 5, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

1) If ARIN doesn't provide the level of authentication you desire, as
an ARIN member you should send a note to ppml each day until it's
available

this is not address policy.  this is ops.  surely one does not have to
dirty one's self with the ppml list to get an ops fix done in arin.  it
is not address policy.

i have a rumor that arin is delaying and possibly not doing rpki that
seems to have been announced on the ppml list (to which i do not
subscribe).  as it has impact on routing, not address policy, across
north america and, in fact the globe, one would think it would be
announced and discussed a bit more openly and widely.

Randy -

   Excellent point; my apologies for not realizing this sooner and
   posting some information directly for consideration by the NANOG
   community.

   Attached is a message from the arin-discuss mailing list which
   has some more context; please feel free to discuss this on the
   arin-discuss mailing list or here on NANOG (as appropriate)

Thanks!
/John

Begin forwarded message: