nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:25:00 +1000

In message <201106200739.p5K7dxHJ071146 () bartok nlnetlabs nl>, Jaap Akkerhuis wr
ites:

    (Mark:)
    Which just means we need to write yet another RFC saying that
    resolvers shouldn't lookup simple host names in the DNS.  Simple
    host names should be qualified against a search list.

I don't see the problem. I'm happily running with a empty search
list for the last 25 year or so.

Which is your choice.  Lots of others want search lists.  I've seen
requests for 20+ elements.

      jaap

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org