nanog mailing list archives

Re: v6 proof of life

From: Tim Chown <tjc () ecs soton ac uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:02:06 +0100

On 7 Jun 2011, at 04:47, Wes Hardaker wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 23:56:32 +0000, Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org> said:

PV> it's been a while since i looked at the query stream still hitting
PV> importantly and happily, there's a great deal of IPv6 happening
PV> here.

Which is reaffirming what many have said for a while: it'll be the
server-to-server traffic that will first peak.  It's just going to take
the client-server relationships years to catch up.  Every time I look at
my maillogs I've found there is quite a bit of v6 happening.  But the
web logs show almost nothing.

Other way around here... pushing 2% external web traffic by IPv6, but only about 0.2% of mail traffic, and that would
be lower if some of our users weren't on various IETF mail lists.

Tim