nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Joe Hamelin <joe () nethead com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:34:31 -0700

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Christopher Pilkington <cjp () 0x1 net> wrote:

Indeed, arbitrary is arbitrary, be it ham radio operators or the DoD.
I was trolling hams on the list there, my apologies. FWIW, my box
44.68.16.20 hasn't been up in well over a decade.  Would have been
nice if that packet radio masses kept up with (or ahead of) the
technology of the times.  Our network went to 9600 baud user ports,
then vanished.

DStar systems are using 44/8 now for interconnect.    Mine (K7TUL/B) will be
up as soon as I make a hill trip and fix the antenna.

73

--
Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474