nanog mailing list archives

Re: Query : seeking a (low cost & secure) turnkey plug-and-play appliance to report network outages

From: Joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 04:34:41 +0800

On 11/19/11 01:35 , Fearghas McKay wrote:

On 17 Nov 2011, at 12:58, A. Chase Turner wrote:

I am seeking a $100 turnkey micro hardware appliance to plug into a LAN hub (behind a consumer-level cable modem)
whose only purpose in life is to send heartbeat (and simple quality of service metrics) to a pre-configured central
aggregation service on the WAN.

Have a look at the Atlas project from RIPE - http://atlas.ripe.net/

Their hardware is aimed at costing 50€ including distribution etc. They have said they were not going to make it
available but they might collaborate ?

HTH

http://ubnt.com/rspro

is a board I've run openwrt on with a great deal of success.

it's powerful enough to host rather a lot of things compared to a basic ap.