nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:44:58 +0000

On Sep 16, 2011, at 10:40 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

One approach would be the use of an option flag on the query to obtain
the new hierarchical output  No flag = no output change.  Would that
suffice?

how to do something new is best discussed by folk who want or need
something new, the folk with skin in the game.  so, though i have an
opinion that your suggestion seems reasonable at first blush, it is
worth the pixels on which it is printed.

what i care about is pola.  please do not change what works and which a
lot of fingers and scripts rely.

Randy -

  Can you expand your response some?  I'm not certain I understand
  whether an option would suffice, nor the pola reference. I do get
  that we shouldn't be changing default output upon which scripts
  rely.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO