nanog mailing list archives

Re: job screening question

From: Randy <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Subject: Re: job screening question
To: "Randy" <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
Cc: nanog () nanog org
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 6:33 PM
Can you post a sample of the
"answers" you have received; which
prompted you the ask this question to begin with.

I've been asking the question in phone interviews for
months. I
couldn't quote them properly but the answers were...
discouraging. No
one beyond ping and traceroute.

I asked HR last week to start asking the question as a
pre-screen and
forward me the answer. The first one responded "This would
block all
IP traffic." I figured it was time for a sanity check to
make sure the
question was reasonable.

Regards,
Bill

yes....in that reagard, "resonable".
It is a shame that -

Noc-Techs; these days are classified as:

1) Network Engineers/Prouction Engineers/Customer Support Engineers/Sr. Tech Support Engineers....
Enough Said.
./Randy