nanog mailing list archives

Re: job screening question

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 12:25:52 -0400

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org> wrote:
I'll admit that I once asked a question like in an interview, but it was
only because the candidate had said that he was an expert with the "tar"
command.  If you're going to be that full of poop on a CV, you should
expect to be called up on it.

[against my advice, the candidate was hired and was a disaster.  I left the
company shortly afterwards.]

That sounds like the guy who on his resume under "training" listed the
3-day course and certification he got in configuring Kentrox CSU/DSUs.
The limited space one has on a resume to present oneself and that's
what he chose to tell me.

I understand that maybe his company made him do it but there are some
things you just don't admit to.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004