nanog mailing list archives

Re: which one a Technical Support or Help Desk

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:14:28 -0500

On 3/3/2012 11:48 AM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
Touche....!

Being in South Florida, (heavy Latin & Spanish accents) and having
customers in Alabama, Tennessee (Heavy Southern accents)  etc, we have
had to "Tune" our ears as well as our Accents, including  carefully
choosing our  words...

Yes, it goes both ways :)  It would be very interesting to get some
statistics/reports out of Apple's Siri project as to the "hardest cases".

My cousin recently got an iPhone with Siri.  She has a much worse drawl
than mine :)  She told it to "Call Jeff", and Siri says "I see no J F in
your contacts".  (Imagine a very heavily drawled "Jeff" more like
"Jaaay-Yufff", decidedly two syllables there...)

She's had mixed results with Siri :)  It may be beneficial speech
therapy for her, but hard to change decades of Southern :)

Jeff