nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Service for Non-Cap Bandwidth

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:19:35 +0000

I generate http test stream with DSCP code point 5 to match the Xbox service, however Comcast is rewriting the packets
as CS 1, even when serving out a server at Soft Layer (paid peer).  This is why I ask for name of service Microsoft is
using, it is not the regular paid peering.

Yeah, that won't work but that marking is just for byte counting (which per my other not does not really have any
effect now anyway since the 250GB policy was suspended. See also
http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/the-facts-about-xfinity-tv-and-xbox-360-comcast-is-not-prioritizing.html

For peering & interconnect, see:
http://www.comcast.com/peering/?SCRedirect=true
http://www.comcast.com/dedicatedinternet/?SCRedirect=true