nanog mailing list archives

Re: Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

From: Simon Perreault <simon () per reau lt>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:40:26 -0400

Le 2014-04-18 13:35, William Herrin a écrit :
Does that mean all IPv6 firewalls should support NAT?

Remember, we're aiming for a base set of requirements applying to all
IPv6 firewalls.

Your document specifies "Enterprise" firewalls. Frankly I think that's
wise. Consumer and enterprise users have very different needs and very
different cost points.

Over here we have no use for IPv6 NAT. We have our own PI space. I
suspect many other enterprises would be in a similar situation.

I totally get your position, but I don't see how it can justify an
Internet-wide requirement.

Simon