nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:06:27 -0400

Daniel Corbe wrote:
Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com> writes:

On Jul 22, 2014 7:04 AM, "Jared Mauch" <jared () puck nether net> wrote:
Verizon wireless has other transits apart from 701.

That's interesting that they have a different capacity management strategy
for the competitive wireless market than they have for their captive
landline customers.

Seems market forces are making wireless a functional network without the
peering brinksmanship while market failings are allowing landline to take
advantage of a captive install base

Or it could be that they're just functionally two different business
units.  From what my contacts at Verizon Wireless tell me, Verizon
Business move at a glacial pace, so they buy circuits from whomever they
can.

Definitely different business units. Verizon wireless has long been somewhat at arms length from the rest of Verizon - part of the reason that their consumer billing is such a pain.

Miles Fidelman