nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Zealand Spy Agency To Vet Network Builds, Provider Staff

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:41:34 +0200

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 03:35:41 PM Owen DeLong wrote:

Last I looked, you were free to change out the kit on
your submarine cable to anything you wanted once the
cable was landed.

Things could have changed now, but if memory serves, you
would be asked to reconfirm your kit during intervals and/or
if you tried to get any additional services deployed within
the U.S.

It's been a while since I ran a cable into the U.S., so this
could have changed.

Mark.