nanog mailing list archives

Re: Large DDoS, small extortion

From: Barry Shein <bzs () world std com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 16:13:38 -0400

On May 23, 2014 at 15:19 asullivan () dyn com (Andrew Sullivan) wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 02:09:18PM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:
I just don't know and would suggest reliance on case studies and
experienced professionals.

Well, yes, but I also observe that LE's interests and your own as the
operator of the site diverge, because their risk isn't the same as
yours.  It's worth keeping that in one's calculus.

Good point.

There is the danger of "the operation was a success but the patient
died" (i.e., they caught the perp but destroyed your business in the
process.)

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs () TheWorld com           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada