nanog mailing list archives

Re: Equinix Virginia - Ethernet OOB suggestions

From: Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:20:44 -0600 (CST)

Hey,

VPN setup is not really a viable option (for us) in this scenario.
Honestly, I'd prefer to just call it done already and have a VPN but due to
certain restraints, we have to go down this route.

Without explaining the "restraints," this kinda boils down to "'cuz we
want it," which stopped being good justification many years ago.

I doubt you'll find many takers who would want to provide you with a
circuit for a few Mbps with a /23 for OOB purposes "'just cuz."

I note that we're present in Equinix Ashburn and could do it, and that
this is basically a nonstarter for us.

... JG