nanog mailing list archives

Re: wifi blocking [was Re: Marriott wifi blocking]

From: Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 02:20:57 -0500

On 10/9/2014 02:06, Owen DeLong wrote:
As I recall, BART does not permit anything on their trains--water,
baby bottles, and I thought radios.  How do they get the authority
to do that?

They do not permit eating or drinking. You can carry water, baby
bottles, etc. on BART trains.

You can carry a radio. You can operate a radio. You are prohibited
from operating a radio in a manner that is disruptive to other
passengers just as on almost any other form of public transit.

If you’ve got headphones/earbuds/whatever and use them in a way that
doesn’t subject the people around you to the noise coming out of your
electronics, then rock out to your heart’s content.

OK. Not relevant to the discussion then. (I was once told not to drink from what I was carrying. And told I could take a cup of coffee aboard. But the was long ago.)

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes