nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

From: "Israel G. Lugo" <israel.lugo () lugosys com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:46:22 +0100

On 22-10-2014 17:30, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
Hardly. The discussion so far has been weighted very heavily on the
side of Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Man"-style whining. "That's the way
it was and we liked it!". The people that like systemd (like myself)
have wisely learned that the people that hate systemd, hate it mostly
because it's different from what came before and don't want to change.
There's no way to argue rationally with that.

Not everyone "hates it". I for one would be very much interested in
listening to what you have to say about systemd, if you find it to be a
positive change. How is it better, and how you look at some of the
concerns raised in this thread. At least for me, a balancing opinion
would be welcome.