nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

From: Ray Soucy <rps () maine edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:52:51 -0500

Yeah, most people ignore ZH.  UBNT marketing hyped it up quite a bit,
and for a residential deployment it can work OK, but if you have any
kind of background in wireless you'll understand that it goes out the
window for a non-trivial deployment due to the requirement of all APs
sharing a channel.

It's too bad they don't support 802.11r (fast roaming) and 802.11k
(radio resource management).