nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

From: Tiago Felipe <lists () connectionlost com br>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:24:03 -0200

+1 Xirrus

On 01/29/2015 08:17 AM, Paul Nash wrote:
Make that +2.  I am halfway through an install for about 800 users
spread through a multi-story building with around 100 R700 access
points and ZD 3000.  Once you understand the basics, it is trivial
to set up, easy to manage, performance is superb.

Using RADIUS auth you can assign different groups of users to
different VLANs (all on a single SSID), just different
username/password to connect.

Signal penetration is the best that I have ever seen, and makes the
Cisco Aironet enterprise stuff look really really silly.

paul

On Jan 29, 2015, at 4:46 AM, Eduardo Schoedler