nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Jack Bates <jbates () paradoxnetworks net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:37:41 -0600

On 2/28/2015 6:17 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
Mind you, the truly annoying part of this story (for me) is knowing Telus has fibre pedestals not a block away, with enough bandwidth to serve up IPTV to all the condos in the neighbourhood. But I'm in the marina across the street. Since there are only a handful of us here with service of any sort, they aren't about to come out and reroute us to the fibre pedestal. So I get to stay on the very long and corroded copper circuit back to one of the original downtown Vancouver exchanges. As one of the Telus techs said when he came out to help troubleshoot a failing DSL modem: I am amazed it works at all :-) And he's right -- the dB line losses are horrific. --lyndon

The question is, if YOU paid for the fiber to be run to their ped, would they hook you up?

Jack