nanog mailing list archives

Re: Low Cost 10G Router

From: Pavel Odintsov <pavel.odintsov () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:46:12 +0300

We could cut full BGP and select only important prefixes with ExaBGP.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org> wrote:
On 20/05/2015 14:32, Cody Grosskopf wrote:
I haven't tried myself but some of the stuff Cumulus Linux is doing is
pretty amazing, not certain quagga can or should handle full bgp table but
you could probably get a Penguin 10gbe for less than 8k.

quagga (or whatever RIB manager you want, e.g. bird) isn't the issue.  The
issue is that these switches have limited hardware FIB capacity and if you
attempt to put a full table on them, they won't accept it.

Nick

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov