nanog mailing list archives

Re: improved NANOG filtering

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:15:01 -0400

If you really are a NANOG admin, I suggest adding some kind of URI filtering for blocking the message based on the
the domains/IPs found in the clickable links in the body of the message.

And the first person who says “who has seen $URL” or similar in a message gets bounced, then bitches about “operational
nature” of NANOG.

I think it is probably not a great idea to add things like URI checkers to NANOG. We can bitch & moan about people
supposed to modify it to hxxp or whatever, but reality is people like to copy/paste and this is not unreasonable on
NANOG.

Of course, if the rest of you feel differently, let the CC know, It is community driven, the community can decide - if
you let your voices be heard.

--
TTFN,
patrick