nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bandwidth Savings

From: Fearghas Mckay <fearghas () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:42:10 -0500

Keenan

On 11 Jan 2017, at 15:10, Luke Guillory <lguillory () reservetele com> wrote:

Netflix won’t even begin talks for their cache if you're not doing a minimum of 5Gbps.

Outside of the US I believe it is less based on presentations I have seen in Africa.

They also require massive uploads to the cache often, these are things are 200TB now if I recall and they send
everything unlike the transparent who only grab what's already being consumed.

Talk to their inter-connect team, the ones I know are very approachable.