nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bandwidth Savings

From: Marty Strong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 13:41:03 +0000

At the end of the day it’s a cost/benefit analysis, reading the OP’s message it’s clear that the IX or transit isn’t
really the problem, but rather how much traffic traverses to the point of transit/IX. I think until we see some numbers
both in terms of traffic and in terms of price to say Miami, Willemstad, etc. we can’t easily determine a good solution.

Regards,
Marty Strong
Cloudflare - AS13335
Network Engineer