nanog mailing list archives

Netflix - wide ranges of wrongly blocked IP ranges

From: Jürgen Jaritsch <juergen () jaritsch at>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 11:32:23 +0200

Dear list,

is anyone else experiencing massive issues with Netflix caused by wrongly
blocked IP ranges? Looks like Netflix started to block wide ranges of Colt’s
IP assignments (EU & Switzerland).

I’m in touch with ~400 affected customers which are no longer able to play
any video on the website (“Ooops, something went wrong - Streaming error.
Looks like you’re using a Proxy blablabla”).

Is someone from Netflix’s NOC on the list? Offnet feedback is welcome - I’m
able to provide IPs for verification and I’m able to provide proof for no
proxy configuration from Colt J. They do not use any type of CGNAT …

thanks & best regards

JJ