nanog mailing list archives

Re: looking for hostname router identifier validation

From: Large Hadron Collider <large.hadron.collider () gmx com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:21:06 -0700

And 666 is Nero Caesar :-)

On 19-04-29 17 h 38, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks () vt edu> said:
I wonder what year we'll get to a point where less than half of NANOG's
membership was around when UUNet was. We're probably there already.
And likely coming up on when less than half the people know what it
was, other than myth and legend....
I still refer to ASes by companies that haven't existed in ages... 701
is UUNet, 3561 is MCI, 1 is BBN, etc. :)  I don't handle name changes
well (I also refer to one of the main roads where I live by a name it
hasn't had in close to 20 years).