nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMTP Over TLS on Port 26 - Implicit TLS Proposal [Feedback Request]

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:30:27 -0500

Your sarcasm detector might need a bit of a tweak. :)

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:18 PM Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan <giri () dombox org>
wrote:

While we're at it, let's deprecate IPv4 now that IPv6 is fully deployed

Come on Mr. Herrin.

Blocking a port is much easier than deprecating a heavily used protocol.
Google stats show ~75% use IPv4.