nanog mailing list archives

Re: QoS for Office365

From: Ross Tajvar <ross () tajvar io>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 09:18:01 -0500

I think the difficulty lies in appropriately marking the traffic. Like Joe
said, the IPs are always changing.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, 9:15 AM Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:

On 9/Jul/19 16:08, Joe Yabuki wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies,

I'll rephrase just to clarify, our aim is to do QoS within our
extended LAN (From remote sites to the Datacenter using the MPLS
provider as transit) - and we can't use DIA for a security reasons...

So arguably, we still need to mark/queue/police packets at the Edge of
the Internet and on the remote site. For INTERNET we will throw
bandwidth so it will not be a point of congestion (hopefully once we
are in the Backbone's ISP we will go to Microsoft directly)

In that case, co-ordinate the QoS profile with your MPLS provider and
test both ends to make sure you receive what you send for on-net traffic.

Verifying that your MPLS provider is forwarding your traffic according
to the agreed-upon QoS profile is another thing.

As for the off-net traffic entering your network, well, you know about
that already...

Mark.