nanog mailing list archives

Re: 44/8

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:07:40 -0700

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM andrew.brant via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
wrote:

Whatever happened to the entire class E block? I know it's reserved for
future use, but sounds like that future is now given that we've exhausted
all existing allocations.

The IPv6 loonies killed all IETF proposals to convert it to unicast space.
It remains reserved/unusable.

I should clarify: I see IPv6 advocates and IPv6 loonies. The difference
between the advocates and the loonies is that the loonies want to
force-fail IPv4 to "encourage" the move to IPv6.

-Bill

--
William Herrin
bill () herrin us