nanog mailing list archives

Re: [External] Re: 10g residential CPE

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 11:45:40 -0800

On 12/25/20 11:39 AM, Cory Sell wrote:
I saturate my 1G connection most during game downloads, file downloads/uploads, full backup uploads, etc.

I also self-host a lot of services for personal use and having that peak speed is really nice when you need it. It also had no traffic limit per month which is my biggest complaint about the lower tier services and also a huge complaint I have with regards to the direction that residential services are moving towards.

Obviously for downloads it's nice, but how often is that happening? A time or two a month max? It seems sort of strange the providers would build out infrastructure for such a niche activity.

Mike