nanog mailing list archives

Re: QUIC traffic throttled on AT&T residential

From: Blake Hudson <blake () ispn net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 15:16:03 -0600

If by targeting DDoSes you mean rate limiting all UDP (because some UDP is bad), then I would expect that policy to be published on a provider's website so that folks using UDP would at least have the option to research and know this info before signing up or agreeing to a service commitment. Similarly, application developers could point to a provider's policy when designing their applications or assisting users. Even if Net Neutrality is dead, I believe the "Restoring Internet Freedom" order is still a thing in the US.