nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC: rulemaking on STIR/SHAKEN and Caller ID Authentication

From: Brandon Svec <bsvec () teamonesolutions com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:56:00 -0700

99%?  If a phone number was used than the PSTN was used. The fact that SIP
is involved in part or all of the call path is not very relevant except for
peer-to-peer stuff like whatsapp, skype, signal, telegram, etc. (and even
those don't use SIP, but I think you meant voip more than SIP specifically)
Even some of those can use e.164 for part or all of the path.

I do believe that if the robo call/scam/fraudulent call issue does not get
resolved people may eventually start to give up and just use apps like
that.  Many probably have already.

*Brandon Svec*

*15106862204 <15106862204> voice|sms**teamonesolutions.com
<https://teamonesolutions.com/>*