nanog mailing list archives

Re: Authoritative Resources for Public DNS Pinging

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:13:18 -0700

On 2/8/22 3:48 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
I was more here to find ammunition to show someone that they were doing something wrong than to build anything myself.

I've long referred to finding rules / RFCs / documents / test results / etc. as loading small 22 caliber shells for the powers that be to use for $TASK.

I specifically say 22 caliber because each one in and of itself is small and quite likely insignificant. But when there are hundreds of them fired at a single target at a rapid rate, the recipient tends to take notice and try to avoid causing such actions again.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die