nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 18:43:41 +0200

On 5/11/23 07:28, Blake Dunlap wrote:

I'm confused here, are you intentionally running larger MTU interfaces than the packet filter can handle with default config, and not wanting to change the tunable to fix the config for buffer size for the packet filter, or am I misreading?

So I've gone ahead and tested "net.bpf.bufsize" and "net.bpf.maxbufsize", and none of them are helping any.

I'll send one to the FreeBSD mailing list and ask them if they can explain this. I saw something a little similar for DHCP on pfSense, although it has quite a few differences in that case:

https://forum.netgate.com/topic/130219/dhcpv6-client-broken-in-latest-snapshot/45

I'll advise when I know more.

Mark.