nanog mailing list archives

Re: Aptum refuses to SWIP

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 11:03:13 -0700

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:04 AM Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM)
<lyndon () orthanc ca> wrote:
But the last time I looked, it's also ARIN's policy to require ISPs
(which Aptum is) to SWIP addresses in order to justify future requests
for address space.  I'm curious what will happen the next time they
ask for additional ip6 allocations.  Or maybe they have no growth
plans?

If you believe they're committing fraud with respect to their
community responsibilities vis a vis SWIP, and refusing to SWIP even
upon customer request looks fraudish to me, ARIN has a reporting
process:

https://www.arin.net/reference/tools/fraud_report/
https://account.arin.net/public/fraud

It won't quickly fix your practical problem but it might give you some
moral satisfaction.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--