Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: nmap+V

From: "Max" <nmap () webwizarddesign com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:11:27 +0500

Fyodor,

    Good points, and given that definition of the scope of nmap, adding
    service detection makes a lot of sense.  I look forward to seeing
    the integration .. I hope good OO is used to keep this
    component as isolated as possible .. this brings back another question
    that has gone around this list before for me .. I haven't looked at
    the nmap source in a while, and I will, but is any thought being
    given to whether or not a common interface for add on, but included,
    components, like this one, can be used in the code to make addition
    of new features as component-based and clean as possible?  Just
    curious .. with nmap using more C++ this would seem like a reasonable
    next architectural step.  I think it would be cool to be able to do
    updates to this version scanning component without having to download
    and compile the whole distro.  Maybe 'cool' isn't enough of an
    argument to warrant time for this kind of internal, non-user visible
    project? :P  Maybe I should just shut up and look into it myself! :)

Regards,
Max