Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap projects

From: "JJ Knitis" <jj () hugemonkey com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:53:31 -0400

I have a handful of shell script wrappers for different scans. nmap-aggressive-internal-fileservers.sh and
nmap-external-sneaky-all.sh do pretty much what their names imply. It would be great if nmap had a "Read Config"
option, --config=foobarbaz.conf.

Advantages of using shell wrappers are getting host/port lists from external programs, and auto-redirecting output.
There is no reason an nmap conf file couldn't do the same.  I'm thinking about something simliar to RewriteMap from
mod_rewrite.

When I create nessus.rc files, I use the GUI, save the .rc, then run from the commandline.  I see doing the same for
nmap.

JJ

--
JJ Knitis