Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re[2]: Some NMAP GUI ideas

From: digmet <digmet () mail ru>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:12:17 +0400

Hello, Adam.
Monday, June 6, 2005, 9:34:07 PM, you wrote:
4. To visualize the info of a scan, I think it's a good idea a panel with
two columns:
  A) First column with icons of computers. These icons represent computers:
    + Without info: maybe the computer is off?
    + With info: the computer is on and I have info about it. Also, the
icon (maybe 48x48 pixels) could show:
        - Operating System
        - Number of open ports
    The goal: a first look about the computer
  B) Second column with detailed info in a tree o table container, but it
uses little icons, so we have a nice info.

AJ> I think that a clear icon should be used for host unreachable status.
AJ> At least in the windows world you are sometimes not certain that a
AJ> plus next to an icon means it really does have something in it. An
AJ> explicit icon would be better to illustrate this point.

0. I suggest skins file.
Like:
./skins/someskin.zip/icon00.bmp
                    /icon01.bmp
                    /.....
Everybody can create own explicit icons.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey Anufriev              mailto:digmet () mail ru