Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP performance patch (ICMP Unreachable rate limited)

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:04:38 +0200

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:10:17PM -0600, Alec H. Peterson wrote:

I applied this patch to 3.81, but it makes me wonder why it has not
been accepted into the actual distribution.

Fyodor's concern was that it could miss some open ports (though he did
not specified). I've disagreed ;-)

What are the consequences of using this patch?

AFAIK there aren't any (other than performance and bandwidth usage).
We are using this patch for several months in a proffessional
pentesting area without any problems so far.