Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Problem Plz Help!

From: "Sean Warnock" <swarnock () warnocksolutions com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:35:55 -0700

Hi,

I´m having the same problem under XPSP2, really doesn´t matters cause
works  without problems.

by the way, these IPs are the DNS´s  resolution of yahoo.com and the
another site

this only happens with v3.93

Ok. Something is broken in v3.93...
Someone who has the problem should make a diff of a working version
(3.91?) and 3.93, and test which portion of code cause all of this.
Have fun... :/

Greetz,
Xavier.

Well after dusting off the old C knowledge I started looking through the source yesterday.  I can confirm that I have
been having this problem since 3.84Alpha1 on Windows.  From what I can tell the issue is happening in targets.cc around
line 416 when it attempts to resolve MAC addresses of hosts.  My C knowledge is pathetic at best but I believe that
nmap is getting into this block of code by accident as it looks like it should never hit this section unless it is
actually on the local subnet.  Also has anyone seen this error on anything other than Windows XP???

Sean